Developing Mathematics for all Early Career Teachers (NQTs)
19th October 2021
Venue: Hawbush Primary
Time: 9:15am – 3:00pm (please bring lunch)
All government guidance and school protocol will be followed. If COVID restrictions are in place and we can’t meet up, this course will be held via zoom. Information will be sent to all delegates prior to the event.
This course will develop mathematical knowledge, understanding and pedagogy and support the mathematical progression and development of all pupils.
- What is effective provision?
- How a sequence of learning can lead to procedural and conceptual understanding
- Provide ideas and support for planning, progression and challenge for all
- Discuss up-to-date themes in the world of mathematics – including the DfE Ready to Progress Criteria and updated OFSTED guidance
- The impact of COVID and lockdown on maths understanding
- How we can plan and prepare for blended learning
- Use of manipulates and ICT
- Opportunity to network with colleagues and share in school initiatives and classroom practice.
At the end of the course, delegates will:
- Know the expectations of their year group and how these can be achieved
- Leave with a range of strategies, guidance and ideas to develop their maths teaching
- Understand the development of problem solving, reasoning and fluency and the importance these have in ensuring confident and enthusiastic pupils
- Value the importance of the concrete, pictorial and abstract approach to developing mathematical understanding.
Hawbush Primary School
To book a place, please complete the form below or email me on firstname.lastname@example.org