This course has now taken place. If you would like me to come in and deliver it with your NQT please contact me.
Developing Mathematics Through Your NQT year and Beyond
2nd October 2019 or 8th October 2019
Date: Wednesday 2nd October 2019 (Belle Vue Primary School) or Tuesday 8th October 2019 (Peters Hill Primary School)
Time: 9:15am – 3:15pm (please bring lunch)
Cost: £120. Additional delegates can attend at a reduced rate of £90.
Capacity: Please book early to avoid disappointment. Courses fill up very quickly
This course will develop mathematical knowledge, understanding and pedagogy and support the mathematical progression and development of all pupils.
- What is effective provision?
- How a sequence of learning can lead to procedural and conceptual understanding
- Provide ideas and support for planning, progression and challenge for all
- Opportunity to network with colleagues and share in school initiatives and classroom practice
- Discuss up-to-date themes in the world of mathematics
At the end of the course, delegates will:
- Leave with a range of strategies, guidance and ideas to develop their maths teaching
- Understand the development of problem solving, reasoning and fluency and the importance these have in ensuring confident and enthusiastic pupils
- Value the importance of the concrete, pictorial and abstract approach to developing mathematical understanding
Belle Vue Primary School
Peters Hill Primary School
Peters Hill Road
To book a place, please complete the form below.
- All cancellations must be made via email.
- All bookings will remain chargeable until written confirmation is received.
- A £30 charge will incur if the place is cancelled within 5 working days of the course.
- The full cost will be charged if the delegate does not arrive and the school has not cancelled.