Developing Mathematics Through Your NQT year and Beyond
2nd October 2019 or 8th October 2019
Date: Wednesday 2nd October 2019 (Belle Vue Primary School) or Tuesday 8th October 2019 (Peters Hill Primary School)
Time: 9:15am – 3:15pm (please bring lunch)
Cost: £120. Additional delegates can attend at a reduced rate of £90.
Capacity: Please book early to avoid disappointment. Courses fill up very quickly
This course will develop mathematical knowledge, understanding and pedagogy and support the mathematical progression and development of all pupils.
- What is effective provision?
- How a sequence of learning can lead to procedural and conceptual understanding
- Provide ideas and support for planning, progression and challenge for all
- Opportunity to network with colleagues and share in school initiatives and classroom practice
- Discuss up-to-date themes in the world of mathematics
At the end of the course, delegates will:
- Leave with a range of strategies, guidance and ideas to develop their maths teaching
- Understand the development of problem solving, reasoning and fluency and the importance these have in ensuring confident and enthusiastic pupils
- Value the importance of the concrete, pictorial and abstract approach to developing mathematical understanding
Belle Vue Primary School
Peters Hill Primary School
Peters Hill Road
To book a place, please complete the form below.
- All cancellations must be made via email.
- All bookings will remain chargeable until written confirmation is received.
- A £30 charge will incur if the place is cancelled within 5 working days of the course.
- The full cost will be charged if the delegate does not arrive and the school has not cancelled.