NQTs and Returning to Teaching
2nd October 2019 or 8th October 2019
Developing Mathematics through your NQT year and beyond
Wednesday 2nd October 2019 at Belle Vue Primary School
Tuesday 8th October 2019 at Peters Hill Primary School
9:15am – 3:15pm (please bring lunch)
This course will develop mathematical knowledge, understanding and pedagogy and support the mathematical progression and development of all pupils.
- What is effective provision?
- How a sequence of learning can lead to procedural and conceptual understanding
- Provide ideas and support for planning, progression and challenge for all
- Showcase classroom practices
- Discuss up-to-date themes in the world of mathematics
At the end of the course, delegates will:
- Leave with a range of strategies, guidance and ideas to develop their maths teaching
- Understand the development of problem solving, reasoning and fluency and the importance these have in ensuring confident and enthusiastic pupils
- Value the importance of the concrete, pictorial and abstract approach to developing mathematical understanding
Belle Vue Primary School
Peters Hill Primary School
Peters Hill Road
To book a place, please complete the form or email
- All cancellations must be made via email.
- All bookings will remain chargeable until written confirmation is received.
- A £30 charge will incur if the place is cancelled within 5 working days of the course.
- The full cost of £120 will be charged if the delegate does not arrive and the school has not cancelled.