Developing Subject Knowledge and Understanding of Progression in Primary Mathematics
Course for Teaching Assistants
Date: 14th October 2019
Time: 1:15pm – 3:30pm
Cost: £100. Additional delegates can attend at a reduced rate of £70
Venue: Belle Vue Primary School, Lawnswood Road, Wordsley, DY8 5BZ
Capacity: Please book early to avoid disappointment. Courses fill up very quickly.
Through this course, delegate will:
- Develop an understanding of the progression of maths through the primary phase
- Know the expectations for each year group and how to help pupils to achieve this standard
- Gain a range of strategies and ideas to support the needs of all learners
- Explore key misconceptions pupils have and ways of addressing these
- Value the importance of the concrete, pictorial and abstract approach to developing mathematical understanding
- All cancellations must be made via email.
- All bookings will remain chargeable until written confirmation is received.
- A £30 charge will incur if the place is cancelled within 5 working days of the event.
- The full cost will be charged if the delegate does not arrive and has not cancelled.