This course has now taken place. If you would like me to come in and deliver it to all your TAs please contact me.
Developing Subject Knowledge and Understanding of Progression in Primary Mathematics
Course for Teaching Assistants
Date: 14th October 2019
Time: 1:15pm – 3:30pm
Cost: £100. Additional delegates can attend at a reduced rate of £70
Venue: Belle Vue Primary School, Lawnswood Road, Wordsley, DY8 5BZ
Capacity: Please book early to avoid disappointment. Courses fill up very quickly.
Through this course, delegate will:
- Develop an understanding of the progression of maths through the primary phase
- Know the expectations for each year group and how to help pupils to achieve this standard
- Gain a range of strategies and ideas to support the needs of all learners
- Explore key misconceptions pupils have and ways of addressing these
- Value the importance of the concrete, pictorial and abstract approach to developing mathematical understanding
- All cancellations must be made via email.
- All bookings will remain chargeable until written confirmation is received.
- A £30 charge will incur if the place is cancelled within 5 working days of the event.
- The full cost will be charged if the delegate does not arrive and has not cancelled.